- 1 Quick Fixes to Hard Drive Not Found 3F0 Error
- 1.1 How to fix boot device not found on HP laptop?
- 1.2 Fix 1: Perform a hard reset
- 1.3 Fix 2: Restore default settings of BIOS
- 1.4 Fix 3: Test the hard drive using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics
- 1.5 Fix 4: Run system recovery with HP Recovery Manager
- 1.6 More efficient way to fix HP laptop 3F0 error
- 1.7 Wrapping things up
- 2 Hard disk 3f0 как исправить? — О компьютерах просто
- 3 Top 4 Fixes for Boot Device Not Found Issue in Windows 10/8/7
- 4 Hard Disk 3F0 Error: What Is It?
- 4.1 Drive Model: WD5000AAKX-60U6AADrive Capacity: 500 GBOperating/File System: Windows NTFSData Loss Situation: Hard Disk 3FO Error Code, Hard drive shows up as 0 KB when plugged inType of Data Recovered: DocumentsBinary Read: 22.7%Gillware Data Recovery Case Rating: 9
- 4.2 Hard Disk 3F0 Cause: Bad Read/Write Heads
- 4.3 If you are dealing with a Hard Disk 3F0 error and your PC had important data that wasn’t backed up, Gillware’s data recovery professionals are here to help
- 5 Boot Device Not Found in HP – Solve it Effectively
- 6 4 Stepwise Solutions to Fix the Hard Disk 3F0 Error on HP Systems
Quick Fixes to Hard Drive Not Found 3F0 Error
When starting the HP computer, some users receive an error message: “Boot Device Not Found. Please install an operating system on your hard disk. Hard disk (3F0).” It is a common boot error seen in HP models which indicates your computer fails to detect the hard drive that contains the operating system.
Usually hard disk 3F0 error can be caused by following reasons:
- Wrong boot order in BIOS
- Hard disk connection problem
- Outdated or misconfigured BIOS
- Corrupted or died bootable disk
- Damaged system files…
For the first two reasons, you should check to make sure that your hard drive is the primary boot device in BIOS and the cables connecting it to the motherboard are tight and secure. For other reasons, please learn HP laptop 3F0 error fixes in the next part.
How to fix boot device not found on HP laptop?
Here I’m going to show you four quick fixes to boot device not found 3F0 error on HP laptop:
● Fix 1: Perform a hard reset
● Fix 2: Restore default settings of BIOS
● Fix 3: Test the hard drive using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics
● Fix 4: Run system recovery with HP Recovery Manager
Fix 1: Perform a hard reset
1. Turn off the computer. Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
2. Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices.
3. Unplug the AC adapter from the computer and remove the battery (if applicable).
4. Press and hold down the Power button for 15 seconds to drain the electrical charge.
5. Insert the battery (if applicable) and plug the AC adapter back into the HP laptop.
7. Reconnect each of the peripheral devices. Run Windows Update and HP Support Assistant to update all device drivers.
Fix 2: Restore default settings of BIOS
1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press F10 to enter the BIOS setup menu.
3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
4. Press F10 to Save and Exit. When asked “Exit Saving Changes?”, use the arrow keys to select Yes and press Enter.
5. Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Fix 3: Test the hard drive using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics
1. Plug the AC adapter into the computer.
2. Press the Power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
3. Turn on the computer and press Esc repeatedly. When the menu appears, press F2 to open HP PC Hardware Diagnostics.
4. On the main menu of HP PC Hardware Diagnostics, click Component Tests. And then click Hard Drive >Quick Test >Run once successively.
5. If the computer has more than one hard drive, select the drive you want to test. To test all the hard drives, select Test All Hard Drives. Then, the Hard Drive Quick Test begins.
6. When the test completes, the results will be displayed on the screen and also in Test Logs on the main menu.
● If the hard drive passes the Quick Test, but there is still a problem with the hard drive, you may run the Extensive Test.
● If the hard drive fails one of the tests, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) so you have it available when you contact HP Customer Support.
Fix 4: Run system recovery with HP Recovery Manager
Take Windows 10 as an example. Learn how to fix boot device not found on HP Windows 10 laptop below:
Note: If the recovery partition on the hard disk drive is not functioning correctly, this method won’t work and an error message will be displayed.
1. Turn off the computer and disconnect all connected devices and cables except the mouse and power cord.
2. Turn on your computer and immediately press F11 repeatedly.
3. When the Choose an option screen appears, click Troubleshoot and then select Recovery Manager.
4. Under Help, click System Recovery.
6. When you back to the System Recovery screen, click Next to start recovery preparation.
7. When recovery preparation is complete, click Continue to proceed to the installation phase of the recovery process. The computer will restart several times during the recovery.
8. After the system recovery is complete, click Finish to restart the computer. Complete the setup screens and wait until the computer finishes the setup.
9. Once the setup is complete, turn off the computer, reconnect all devices and cables, and then turn on the computer to see if hard disk 3F0 error is fixed.
Tips: Before you can use your HP laptop as usual, you should reinstall all the programs that were added after purchasing the computer and restore the files you’ve backed up.
More efficient way to fix HP laptop 3F0 error
As you see, the process of fixing hard drive not found 3F0 error can be complicated, especially for those who are not too tech-savvy. What’s more, if you run system recovery with HP Recovery Manager, you have to reinstall the programs added by yourself later. That sounds annoying! Is there an easier way?
AOMEI Backupper Standard comes to help. It provides all-around backup solutions for you: System/Disk/Partition/File Backup. All Windows PC operating systems including Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP are supported. Just download this freeware to have a try. To fix HP laptop 3F0 error, you should do following preparations:
1. Create bootable media to boot your computer.
When you encounter boot device not found error on HP computer the next time, you can fix it easily by booting from the bootable media and performing system restore. All your programs and files saved on the system partition will be restored as well.
Wrapping things up
There are four quick fixes to hard drive not found 3F0 error offered in this article for your reference. If you want a more efficient way to perform system recovery, you can turn to AOMEI Backupper. It is easy to use thanks to the intuitive interface. You can also use it to replace C drive with the clone feature. Don’t hesitate to get this tool!
Hard disk 3f0 как исправить? — О компьютерах просто
При включении своего ноутбука Hewlett-Packard пользователь может столкнуться с сообщением «Boot Device Not Found» и отказом компьютера загружаться.
Причиной указанной дисфункции обычно являются ряд неверных настроек БИОС, но бывают и случаи, когда данная проблема возникает из-за выхода из строя жёсткого диска, или нарушения целостности операционной системы.
В этой статье я расскажу, что такое Boot Device Not Found на HP, каковы причины данной дисфункции, и как её исправить на вашем ПК.
Скриншот ошибки Boot Device Not Found на HP
Перевод и причины Boot Device Not Found
В переводе данный текст звучит как «Загрузочное устройство не найдено», и обычно обозначает ситуацию, когда при включении компьютера система не обнаружила устройство, с которого должна быть произведена загрузка (или установка) операционной системы. Похожая ситуация, когда в диспетчере устройств не видна видеокарта была описана мной в прошлой статье.
Причинами такой дисфункции может быть следующее:
- Неверные настройки БИОС (UEFI) на компьютере;
- Используемый для загрузки жёсткий диск физически повреждён или вышел из строя;
- Загрузочный сектор или MBR жёсткого диска повреждены;
- Файлы операционной системы повреждены;
- Ваш ПК стал объектом атаки вирусных программ.Error 3FO
Как исправить ошибку «Загрузочное устройство не найдено» на HP
Для решения вопроса с Boot Device Not Found на HP рекомендую выполнить следующее:
- Измените значение параметра «Legacy Support» в БИОС с «Disabled» на «Enabled». Перейдите в БИОС (обычно это получается путём нажатия на Escape, а потом на F10), выберите вкладку «System Configuration», найдите там параметр «Legacy Support», и измените его значение с «Disabled» на «Enabled». Затем нажмите на F10 для сохранения изменений и перезагрузите ваш HP. После перезагрузки компьютер может попросить вас ввести код (его значение будет на экране) и нажать Enter для подтверждения изменений. Введите указанный код, нажмите Enter и компьютер произведёт стандартную загрузку ОС;
Установите опцию Legacy Support в значение Enabled
- Измените значение ряда параметров БИОСа. Перейдите в БИОС, выберите вкладку «System Configuration» — «Boot option». Измените значение опции «Security Boot» с «Enabled» на «Disabled». Затем жмём на «Clear all secure boot keys», вводим цифры (pass code), которые расположены чуть выше и жмём на ввод.
Вводим указанные цифры ключа
Затем меняем значение параметра «Legacy Support» из «Disabled» на «Enabled». В опции «Legacy boot order» выбираем, с чего мы хотим загружаться (обычно, это жёсткий диск ноутбука – hard disk). Для сохранения произведённых изменений жмём на F10, потом на «Yes», и перезагружаем наш ПК, это может помочь избавиться от ошибки Boot Device Not Found на ноутбуке HP;
- Проверьте, виден ли в БИОС ваш жёсткий диск, для исправления Boot Device Not Found. Если нет, тогда проверьте плотность его подключения (выключаем лэптоп, отключаем блок питания, снимаем нижнюю крышку, батарею, отключаем жёсткий диск, визуально проверяем его контакты, подключаем обратно жёсткий диск, батарею, ставим обратно крышку, подключаем блок питания и включаем ноутбук). Если винчестер вновь не виден, тогда есть вероятность, что он вышел из строя (проверьте работоспособность в сервисном центре) или повреждены шлейфы к нему (встречается довольно редко);
- Выполните hard reset вашего HP. Выполнение аппаратного сброса вашего лэптопа (hard reset) позволяет очистить память и восстановить корректные связи между БИОС и аппаратной начинкой ПК. Отключите все внешние, подключенные к ПК, устройства (в частности, USB и блок питания), изымите аккумулятор из ноутбука. Затем нажмите на кнопку питания (Power) и держите её нажатой в течение 15 секунд.
Потом подключите обратно аккумулятор и блок питания, другие внешние устройства не подключайте. Нажмите на кнопку питания, в появившемся меню выберите «Обычная загрузка Виндовс» (Start Windows Normally), и нажмите ввод.
- Загрузите настройки БИОС по умолчанию. Перейдите в БИОС, нажмите на F9 и загрузите настройки БИОС по умолчанию. Затем нажмите на F10, подтвердите изменения, и перезагрузите ваш компьютер;
- Выполните тест вашего компьютера с помощью HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI. Выключите ваш компьютер, затем включите его и быстро нажимайте на клавишу F2. Когда меню HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI появится на экране, выберите тест компонентов (Component Tests).Тестируем компоненты нашего ПК с помощью HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFIВ данном меню уделите особое внимание тесту жёсткого диска (Hard Drive – Extensive Test – Run Once). Просмотрите полученные результаты, возможно ваш накопитель попросту вышел из строя, и необходима его замена.
Эффективным решением вопроса Boot Device Not Found hard disk (3f0) станет изменение настроек БИОС, аппаратный сброс ПК (hard reset), а также проведение теста структурных элементов лэптопа. В большинстве случаев помогает первый из описанных мной способов, позволяющий устранить ошибку на вашем ПК.
Как вы оцените статью?
Top 4 Fixes for Boot Device Not Found Issue in Windows 10/8/7
Languages: Deutsch 日本語 Français
A lot of issues could often happen to a computer, such as a system breakdown, black or blue screen, system file damage, unbootable OS, etc. These issues usually follow a specific error message.
Among these problems, “boot device not detected” is very common. It always occurs during the process of booting the operating system Windows 10/8/7.
There are various error messages:
- “No bootable device – insert boot disk and press any key”
- “Boot Device Not Found. Please install an operating system on your hard disk. Hard Disk (3FO)”
- “No Boot Device Found. Press any key to reboot the machine”
- “No boot device is available”
All these messages indicate the operating system not being able to find the bootable hard disk or the boot sector of the hard drive. This will prevent your computer from booting up, which could certainly make work and life inconvenient.
HP (HP Pavilion G6), Dell, Lenovo and Acer laptops and desktops running Windows 10/8/7 tend to encounter the issue of «boot device no found» more than others.
A variety of reasons could cause this issue: wrong boot order in the BIOS, corrupted or died bootable disk, damaged MBR or boot sectors on the bootable disk, hard disk connection problem, outside attacks virus or malware, etc.
If the no bootable device error occurs to your computer, what should you do to fix it? This post will walk you through the full solutions in Windows 10/8/7.
How to Fix HP Boot Device Not Found Windows 10/8/7
In general, there are four methods to repair this problem according to different factors, so please try them according to your actual situation in Windows 10/8/7.
Solution 1: Test and Fix Hard Disk
First, check whether your hard disk is in a good state. The issue of bootable device not found is usually caused by the damaged or faulty hard disk.
How to do this work in Windows 10/8/7? We recommend a reliable and excellent third-party tool – MiniTool Partition Wizard.
As a partition and disk management software, it is designed to perform quality disks and partitions managing operations. This includes resizing partition, doing conversion between NTFS and FAT32, doing conversion between GPT and MBR, migrating OS to SSD, rebuilding MBR, copying disk/partition, etc.
Before you do anything:
A disk surface test requires you to buy MiniTool Partition Wizard Professional Edition because Free Edition doesn’t support the “Bootable Media” feature.
Step 1: Build a bootable disc and use it to boot your computer. You will be directed to an interface. Click “Partition Wizard” to launch this tool.
Step 2: In the main interface of MiniTool Partition Wizard, select the target disk, and click “Surface Test” in the left pane.
Step 3: Click “Start Now” to start a disk test. During the process, MiniTool Partition Wizard will mark bad sector red, and mark disk block without error green.
A: Shield Bad Sectors
If your hard disk has some bad blocks, the important thing is that you need to shield them to get rid of the boot device not found error on your HP, Dell or Lenovo laptop/desktop. Unfortunately, MiniTool Partition Wizard doesn’t have such a feature.
However, Windows built-in diagnostic tool CHKDSK can be used to shield bad blocks. For more information, click this post 3 Ways to Repair Bad Sectors. This should help you solve the «no boot device available» issue.
B: Copy Disk/Partition for Data Backup
After a disk test finds many bad sectors, for your data security, you should back up the important files on the target hard disk. Here MiniTool Partition Wizard Professional Edition could be used to do this after performing the CHKDSK operation.
You can use two features for the backup:
Copy Disk clones the entire disk data to a new target hard drive, which should be larger than the used disk space of the source disk.
Copy Partition is recommended if your important files are saved to a partition.
Please choose one to make a backup according to your situation.
Tip: MiniTool ShadowMaker, the professional PC backup software, can also help you to back up files with its Backup or Clone Disk feature. This post The Best Way to Back up Laptop to External Hard Drive in Windows may be helpful for you.
Solution 2: Repair MBR or Boot Sector
MBR is a part of computer boot hard disk that contains executable code to function as a loader for the operating system. It is used to boot the PC successfully. Having it damaged will cause the bootable device not found error and stop the PC from booting up.
Therefore, it is important to repair the master boot record or boot sector. In this case, MiniTool Partition Wizard Bootable Media can also be used.
Step 1: Boot PC from the bootable disc you have built. Then in the main interface of MiniTool Partition Wizard, select the target hard disk and click “Rebuild MBR” from the “Check Disk” menu.Tip: You can also use the Command Prompt tool. Please prepare a Windows installation and run this tool in the Windows Recovery Environment. Then use the command tool – bootrect.exe to fix MBR. This post — Step-by-Step Guide to Repair and Fix MBR Windows 7/8/8.1/10 may be useful to you.
If you are interested in MiniTool Partition Wizard Bootable Edition, please purchase its Professional Edition “Bootable Media” feature to make a bootable disc to boot your computer. Then rebuild MBR to fix the no boot device found issue.
Solution 3: Check and Modify Your PC Boot Order
You might have forgotten to change the boot order after replacing a hard drive or migrating the OS to SSD. If the incorrect hard drive is set as the first device item, Windows cannot find boot device.
In order to remove the bootable device not found issue successfully, it is necessary to double-check your computer has the correct boot order; if not, modify it to boot system from the correct device. To do so in Windows 10/8/7, follow the steps below.
Step 1: Restart your computer, and then type a specific key according to the manufacturer of your device to enter the BIOS.
Note: The way to go to PC BIOS is different for different computers in different Windows operating system. So please press a key according to your situations. Refer to this post How To Enter The BIOS On Your Computer for help.
Step 2: Then under the “BIOS Setup Utility” main interface, click “Boot” to check the boot order. If the computer isn’t set to boot from the correct hard disk, please modify the bootable disk as the first boot device by pressing “↑↓” keys.
Step 3: Press “F10” to save this change.
When rebooting this computer, the “boot device is not found” error will be removed and it should run properly. If the problem persists, please try the next solution.
Solution 4: Fix Operating System
Your operating system files or folders could be somehow deleted, lost, or damaged accidentally, which might lead to the issue of no boot device detected.
Follow the following steps to fix these:
- Prepare a Windows installation disc, CD/DVD or USB flash drive and connect it to your PC.
- During the installation process, launch Command Prompt.
In Windows 7, under the “System Recovery Options” tab, click “Startup Repair”.
In Windows 8 and Windows 10, click “Repair your computer”, then select Troubleshoot > Advanced options >Automatic Repair (Windows 8) or Startup Repair (Windows 10).
This should fix some problems that prevent Windows from loading or starting.
«Here are four ways to fix boot device not found on HP laptop/desktop in Windows 10/8/7. If they fixed your issue, share them to help more people now.»Click to tweet
Suggestion: Make a System Backup
After fixing the boot device not available problem, the operating system should be in a healthy state. This is a perfect chance for OS migration for backup. In order to ensure the system runs normally, when a system becomes unbootable again, OS backup is necessary to recover OS to the previous point.
To back up your Windows 10/8/7, you can try MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition to migrate OS to SSD/HD when the system is running successfully. Download it for free and try.
In addition, MiniTool has a piece of professional backup software for Windows 10/8/7 — MiniTool ShadowMaker. With simple clicks, this tool can help you back up files, disk, partition, and the operating system. It also supports automatic backup, differential backup, and incremental backup.
Here, back up your OS and create a bootable disc or drive with MiniTool ShadowMaker Trial Edition.
Step 1: Launch MiniTool ShadowMaker Trial Edition on your HP, Dell or Lenovo laptop or desktop. Click Keep Trial, and choose local backup to continue.
Step 2: Under the Backup tab, you can see that the backup source (system partitions) and storage path have already been specified. Click Back up Now to execute the backup task.
Note: System backup is only useful for fixing the issue of bootable device not found that is caused by software problems system file damage and MBR corruption. If this issue is due to disk bad sectors, it is useless.
At the end of the post, let's try out the solutions above to get rid of the issue of boot device not found on your laptops or desktops HP, Lenovo or Dell. Also, download MiniTool ShadowMaker to back up your Windows in case of any system corruption.
If you have any questions about no boot device found fix or about the MiniTool software, you are welcome to leave a comment below or email us via [email protected]. Thanks for reading!
Boot Device Not Found FAQ
How do I fix boot device not found?
The methods are various and they are:
- Test and fix hard disk
- Repair MBR or boot sector
- Check and modify your PC boot order
- Fix operating system via Startup Repair
What does no boot device available mean? If the PC screen says “no boot device available” when turning the PC on, it means that the PC fails to find a Windows installation disc or a hard drive that has an installed operating system. How do I boot up in safe mode?How do you reset the BIOS?
To reset the BIOS, there are three steps you should do. For more details, refer to this post — How to Reset BIOS/CMOS in Windows 10.
- Open BIOS Menu
- Find the Setup Defaults Option
- Reset BIOS
Hard Disk 3F0 Error: What Is It?
Have you run into a Hard Disk 3F0 error on your HP laptop or desktop PC? When you try to power on your computer and you get this error message, it may seem vague and incomprehensible to you. That’s because it is vague and incomprehensible.
But in a nutshell, what it means is that your computer can’t talk to your hard drive. This is the part of your computer that contains your operating system, all of your apps and programs, and your files. So without it, your computer is just a giant brick.
A Hard Disk 3F0 error is a common boot error seen on HP models. In addition to this error code, you’re told that your computer can’t find a boot device. There’s an alphabet soup of different hard disk error codes 3F0, and they all have slightly different meanings. Generally, hard disk boot errors can be caused by a whole host of issues, from things as simple as having an incorrect BIOS boot sequence or the hard drive not properly being plugged in to boot sector viruses or a corrupted hard disk partition.
Sometimes these boot errors occur because your hard drive has broken down and no longer works. Check to make sure your hard drive is the primary boot device in BIOS and that the cables connecting it to the motherboard are tight and secure. This could fix the issue.
Got a 3F0 error and need data recovered? Let Gillware help you out.Click here to get an Instant price quote for data recovery
Unfortunately, when you encounter this error, you might have to reinstall your operating system, or contact HP and order a replacement hard drive (if your computer is still under warranty). If your hard drive isn’t completely broken, you may be able to plug it into another PC and copy any important data you don’t have backed up onto it. However, when you experience a Hard Disk 3F0 error, your hard drive might not seem to work at all. If anything you’ve been keeping on that hard drive hasn’t been backed up, you’ll need professional help retrieving it.
A typical boot error on an HP personal computer. “Boot Device Not Found. Please install an operating system on your hard disk.” (source: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443463)
The client had their hard drive removed from their computer and took it to a local PC repair technician to diagnose the Hard Disk 3F0 error. The technician plugged the hard drive in and attempted to copy the user’s data off of it.
The 500-gigabyte Western Digital hard drive appeared on the technician’s data recovery machine, but not as a 500-gigabyte hard drive. Rather, the machine detected the client’s hard drive as having a capacity of zero kilobytes.
Drive Model: WD5000AAKX-60U6AA
Drive Capacity: 500 GB
Operating/File System: Windows NTFS
Data Loss Situation: Hard Disk 3FO Error Code, Hard drive shows up as 0 KB when plugged in
Type of Data Recovered: Documents
Binary Read: 22.7%
Gillware Data Recovery Case Rating: 9
How does a hard drive suddenly go from having hundreds of gigabytes of storage space to having none? To answer that question, we must first understand how the hard drive identifies itself in the first place. Hard drive firmware contains all sorts of personal information about your hard drive. When the drive’s read/write heads are having trouble reading this information and another machine asks the hard drive to identify itself and give out its capacity, the drive will either give out a wildly incorrect capacity or simply say that it has zero capacity.
After our engineers have evaluated your hard drive and have begun to salvage your data, we constantly monitor the hard drive. It is important to make sure the drive is properly conveying its model number, serial number, and capacity. A hard drive may begin to run poorly and eventually stop detecting correctly while imaging. This can be a symptom of a firmware bug reasserting itself, or mechanically-compromised internal components beginning to fail.
Hard Disk 3F0 Cause: Bad Read/Write Heads
Our hard drive data recovery engineer Kirk inspected this Western Digital hard drive in our cleanroom to determine why it was showing up with zero capacity. Upon inspecting the drive’s internal components, he found that the read/write heads on the drive had become severely mangled. Fortunately, there hadn’t been any visible damage done to the platters containing the client’s critical files.
We informed the client about how their hard drive had failed and what kind of labor would go into the file recovery procedure. The client approved the price quote and gave Kirk the go-ahead to swap the drive’s read/write head out with a compatible donor pair. Lo and behold, the client’s hard drive detected with the right capacity.
Kirk had handled the delicate procedure of replacing the severely mangled read/write heads in the client’s Western Digital WD5000AAKX hard drive. From that point on, this Hard Disk 3F0 data recovery case was smooth sailing for our engineers. A few thousand bad sectors prevented a handful of files from being completely recovered, but our engineers were able to fully recover 98.6% of the client’s files. This case was rated a high 9 on our ten-point scale.
Research has shown that hard drives have an average lifespan of about four years, but it is only an average. Just cars, many hard drives last longer, and many hard drives die sooner. This client’s hard drive lasted only about three and a half years before it shed its mortal coil. You can never predict how long your hard drive will last or when it will fail. Make sure your data is safely backed up. That way, you’ll be prepared for the day when your hard drive goes from hero to zero (capacity).
If you are dealing with a Hard Disk 3F0 error and your PC had important data that wasn’t backed up, Gillware’s data recovery professionals are here to help
Boot Device Not Found in HP – Solve it Effectively
“I have a HP laptop and unfortunately I cannot start it up normally. It shows “Boot Device Not Found Please install an operating system on your hard disk Hard Disk (3F0) and I don’t know why and what it is. I have no idea about this error and I think I need a help what should I do when boot device not found HP laptop?”
Actually, “boot device not found” error is a common error that many users havemet. It always occurs during the process of booting computer. It may occur withdifferent error messages, such as:
● “No boot device — insert boot disk and press any key.”● “Boot Device Not Found. Please install an operating system in your harddisk.”● “No Boot Device Found. Press any key to reboot the machine.”
● “No boot device is available.”
Once you get those error messages, you cannot boot your operating systemsuccessfully. Well, what if you got “boot device not found” error when you boot your HP laptop or desktop? Fortunately, this post will offer you why it happens and how to solve it in Windows 10/8/7.
Why boot device not found in HP?
The boot device not found or no boot device is detected mean the OS can’t find thebootable hard disk or the boot sector of the hard drive. To fix boot device not found error in HP laptop or desktop, you need to know what may cause it. And here we conclude 4 reasons the following list:
1. The hard drive you boot from is an unbootable disk or device.
2. The bootable hard drive is corrupted or died somehow.
3. MBR or boot sector is damaged on the bootable hard drive.
4. Virus attack.
How to fix boot device not found error in HP?
Knowing the causes to boot device not found in HP, you can take specific measures tofix it.
Method 1. Change boot order
First, you need to make sure that the hard drive you boot from is the right disk. Ifyou set to boot from an unbootable device by mistake, it cannot boot successfullyfrom the unbootable device and will give you the error message: “Boot Device NotFound. Please install an operating system to your hard disk”. change the boot order in BIOS and let it boot from the bootable device. if it is the boot device, and you got this error, you can do as the following methods.
Method 2. Perform a hard reset
When you meet the problem that no boot device is detected, you can try to perform ahard reset. A hard or forced reset erases all information in the computer memory and might restore functionality. Resetting your computer forces the system to clear andrestablish the software connections between the BIOS and the hardware. To perform ahard reset, you should do as the following steps:
1. Turn off the computer. Remove the computer from any port replicator ordocking station.
2. Disconnect all external devices from your computer, unplug the AC adapterfrom the computer.
3. Remove the battery from the battery compartment.
5. Insert the battery, and plug the AC adapter back into the computer, but donot connect any of the peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, printers, etc.
6. Turn on the computer. If a start menu opens, select Start Windows Normallywith arrow keys and press Enter.
If reset hard drive haven’t solve your problem, you can move to the next Method.
Method 3. Restore BIOS default settings
To restore the BIOS default settings may fix the error “boot device not found” inHP. You can do as the following steps:
1. Turn off the computer and wait at least five seconds.
2. Restart the computer and repeatedly press F10 key to enter BIOS setupmenu.
3. On the BIOS setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Defaultsettings.
4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
5. Select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
6. Follow the prompt to restart computer.
If the computer restart normally, you are done. If it still pops up the error message“boot device not found”, proceed to the next method.
Method 4. Test hard drive
If the method above cannot solve your problem, you should consider checking your harddrive. To test a hard drive, here we highly recommend you AOMEI Partition Assistant, which canhelp you to check partition and fix errors, or check disk totally.
Here you should connect your boot drive to another Windows PC which installed AOMEIPartition Assistant. Or you can create a bootable USB with AOMEI Partition Assistant to boot your computer successfully.
1. Get into AOMEI Partition Assistant program, select your boot hard drive. Hereyou can right click the boot partition, select Check Partition.
It will pop up a window that you can choose the way to check partition and fixerrors.
2. Or you can right click the boot hard drive, select SurfaceTest.
It will run the test after you click Start.
Finally, if there is any problem on your hard drive, fix it and the boot device notfound HP problem may solved.
Method 5. Rebuild MBR
AOMEI Partition Assistant also allows you to fix MBR. To fix MBR, here you need toright click the hard drive, select Rebuild MBR.
In the pop up window, set the type of MBR for the current OS, clickOK to start rebuilding MBR.
In a word, AOMEI Partition Assistant is a great disk manager that can help you checkhard drive and fix errors, and help you to manage your hard drive better. It is worth to have. Its free edition offers you the most basic features. if you needmore advanced features, such as converting dynamic disk into basic, recovering lost partition, etc., you can upgrade to Professional version.
There are 5 different methods for solving boot device not found error in HP that running Windows 10/8/7. But there are many other ways can solve the problem. For example, if the boot device not found in HP is cause by virus attack, then you need to remove the virus with some anti-virus software. If you have other ways, please share that in the comment place.
4 Stepwise Solutions to Fix the Hard Disk 3F0 Error on HP Systems
“I tried to turn on my HP Pavilion a few times, but I’m getting the hard disk 3F0 error of HP on the screen every time. Can someone tell me how to bypass this 3F0 error on HP?”
Getting the 3F0 error on HP laptops is quite a common problem that a lot of users face while booting their systems. Although it is primarily a booting error, it can also happen due to a corrupt partition or faulty hard disk. Since the 3F0 error on HP can be pretty critical and put things at a standstill, it is important to fix it. In this guide, I’m going to tell you how to fix the hard disk 3F0 error on HP in different ways, as recommended by experts.
Ideally, the hard disk 3F0 error on HP is a common error that we get while booting the system. Instead of loading the essential BIOS programs, it displays an error stating that the booting has been failed. In most of the cases, the 3F0 error on HP occurs due to the following reasons:
- A change in the BIOS settings (sequence or program)
- The hard drive that has the vital system components has been corrupted.
- The system can’t read the BIOS or system programs from the disk.
- A boot sector virus or malware could have corrupted the disk.
- The connecting wires in the system could have been damaged.
- The hard drive could be broken or not connected.
- Any other software or firmware-related issue in the system
Fix 1: Perform a Hard Reset
In case the hard disk has been corrupted, then performing a hard reset would be an ideal HP laptop 3F0 error fix. While performing a hard reset, you can choose to delete the user data or just reset the system settings. If you believe that the entire hard disk has been corrupted, then performing a complete factory reset would be a better option. Here’s how you can implement this hard disk 3F0 error HP solution.
Step 1. Firstly, go to your computer’s settings from the Start menu and browse to Update & Security > Recovery > Reset This PC.
Step 2. As you would click on the “Get Started” button, a dedicated wizard would be launched to reset the system. You can choose if you want to keep your files or delete everything.
Step 3. If you wish to remove everything, you can further select to just delete files or clean the drive. I would recommend cleaning the entire drive to troubleshoot the 3F0 error on HP.
That’s it! In the end, your computer would be restarted and if everything goes well, it will fix the 3F0 error on HP laptop.
Fix 2: Restore BIOS to Default Settings
As listed above, the hard disk 3F0 error on HP can happen due to a BIOS related issue. For instance, if you have changed the BIOS settings or its sequence, then it can lead to the 3F0 error on HP. For this hard disk 3F0 error HP solution, you can follow these steps:
Step 1. Simply restart your system and press the BIOS key to enter its settings. While it is F10 in most of the systems, it can also be F2, F12, DEL, ESC, or any other key.
Step 2. As the BIOS settings interface would open, use the arrow keys to navigate and browse to Exit > Load Optimal Defaults option.
Step 3. Use the Enter or the Space key to make the choice and confirm it again by selecting the “Yes” option to load the default settings.
Fix 3: Check the Hard Drive with the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics
To make it easier for us to troubleshoot issues HP 3F0 error SSD, the company has come up with a diagnostics program. You can just run it on your HP laptop and check if there is an issue with your system components or not. Here’s how you can perform the HP laptop 3F0 error fix using the PC hardware diagnostics.
Step 1. If the computer is working, then go to the Start menu, look for the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics program, and run it as an administrator.
Step 2. In case the system is not working properly, then restart it and keep pressing the ESC key. From the listed menu, press the F2 key to run the diagnostics.
Step 3. This will launch the HP Diagnostics window and you can select the option to perform system or component tests. To check its hardware, you can select the “Component Tests” option.
Step 4. Subsequently, it will display the Test Run screen with an estimated time. Just click on the “Run” button and wait for a while as the system would try to diagnose (and fix) the problem with your computer.
Fix 4: Perform System Recovery with HP Recovery Manager
Performing system recovery on your computer would be another recommended solution to fix the hard disk 3F0 error on HP. Ideally, the system recovery process would restore your computer to its factory settings. Therefore, if the 3F0 error on HP has occurred due to a system error, then this would be able to fix it.
Step 1. Firstly, restart your computer and keep pressing the F11 key (or Esc + F10) repeatedly to get the following options on the screen. From here, click on the “Troubleshooting” option and make sure that all the peripheral devices are disconnected from the system.
Step 2. As the Troubleshooting interface would be launched, select and open the “Recovery Manager” feature.
Step 3. The Recovery Manager window will further provide various options on the screen. Click on the “System Recovery” option from here and follow a click-through process to run it.
Step 4. From the provided options, you can choose to perform a factory reset on the system and even reformat the partitions. Afterward, you can just wait for a while and let the system be restarted without any issue.
Part 3: How to Recover Lost Data after Fixing the Hard Disk 3F0 Error?
As you can see, while doing the HP laptop 3F0 error fix, you can end up losing some of your important data. For instance, if you have restored your system, then you could have lost some of your important files in the process. To get them back, you can take the assistance of Recoverit Data Recovery on your system.
It is a smart and reliable recovery tool that can help you get back all sorts of data easily. You can even preview your data and save your files to any location. Since it supports the recovery of data lost under different scenarios, it would certainly help you retrieve all kinds of files. Here’s how you can use Recoverit to get your lost data back from different sources.
- Recover corrupted files from computer, USB hard drive, memory card effectively, safely and completely.
- Supports to restore corrupted files and loss due to virus attack, program crashes or computer loses power.
- Recover any data and file types with high success rate and without any quality loss.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.13, macOS 10.12, OS X 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Download | WinDownload | Mac
Step 1: Select a destination to scan
As you would launch Recoverit, you will get options for various partitions, drivers, and folders to select. You can also select an external device or browse selected folders from where you lost your data.
Step 2: Scan the selected source
After selecting a source location, click on the “Start” button, and just wait for a while for the process to be completed. You can view its progress or even halt the process if you want to.
Step 3: Restore your data
Once the process is completed, you can view the extracted data, listed under various categories. You can even use its filter option from the sidebar to get the exact results and save your time.
Now when you know how to fix the hard disk 3F0 error on HP, you can easily resolve this issue and boot your system in an ideal way. I have listed all the recommended solutions in a stepwise manner that would help you do hard disk 3F0 error HP fix pretty easily. Though, if you have lost some of your important data in the process, then you can consider using Recoverit Data Recovery. It is a fast and user-friendly data recovery tool that has one of the highest recovery rates in the industry and will certainly come handy to you.
Download | WinDownload | Mac